Despite challenges, I have a lot to be thankful for in 2020. Prior to the pandemic, most of my consulting work had been conducted in person. We were able to pivot quickly and continue to provide value to clients through virtual coaching, facilitating, and training. I’m hopeful for a time when seeing family, friends, clients, and colleagues in person becomes commonplace.
Here are some things I’m thankful for:
- Helping organizations and individuals successfully navigate the pandemic.
- Providing value for great clients in Indiana (Evansville, Ferdinand, Floyds Knobs, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Jasper, Oakland City, Poseyville, Washington), Kentucky (Madisonville and Muhlenberg County), and Nebraska (Lincoln).
- Consulting with banks, manufacturing companies, universities, government agencies, nonprofits, churches, and schools.
- Providing strategic planning services, creative problem solving facilitation, leadership coaching, board/staff retreats, family business planning, and training related to leadership, scenario planning, innovation, effective teams, nonprofit boards, nonprofit fundraising, and virtual meetings.
- Becoming a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certified Practitioner.
- Blogging on a more regular basis than before.
- Driving and traveling less to see clients.
- Dressing casually.
- Teaching leadership, innovation, and strategic planning graduate courses for Creighton University and University of Evansville.
As we prepare for post-pandemic, I think it is important to be intentional about the transition. What do you want to keep, leave behind, or change? I wish you a happy and healthy 2021!
If you have ideas for future blog posts, please contact us.
T.A. Dickel Group, LLC is located in Evansville, Indiana, and we focus on enhancing organizational leadership, strategy, and creativity in the surrounding region.
Dr. Tad Dickel is a leadership, strategy, and creativity consultant who works with businesses, nonprofits, colleges, schools, and churches. He received a Certificate in Family Business Advising from the Family Firm Institute, a Certificate in Nonprofit Board Consulting from BoardSource, a Certificate in Fundraising Management from The Fund Raising School, a Certificate in Foundations of Design Thinking from IDEO U, and holds a Ph.D. in educational leadership from Indiana State University. Tad is a Certified Basadur Simplexity Thinking Facilitator and Trainer, Certified Basadur Profile Administrator, and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Certified Practitioner.