T.A. Dickel Group, LLC focuses on enhancing organizational leadership, creativity, and strategy through training, coaching, and facilitation services. We have compiled the following resources to help you learn more about improving the creativity of individuals and teams to develop an innovative culture.
- The authors of this book provide strategies that can help anyone increase their creative capacity. There are examples of how organizations have utilized the techniques to become more creative and innovative.
The Secret Phrase Top Innovators Use by Warren Berger (Harvard Business Review)
- The power of the phrase “how might we” is discussed. Min Basadur is credited with using the phrase for the last 40+ years. Innovative organizations such as IDEO, Google, and Facebook use this phrase.
- This comprehensive biography of Apple icon Steve Jobs is a great read. Jobs’s ability to innovate was due to his ability to recognize needs before people realized they had them. He also stressed the importance of in person collaboration to drive creativity and innovation.
- The brief video introduces IDEO’s approach to solving problems. They practice important skills, including deferring judgement, empathy, and prototyping.
- George Land provides a historical context for creativity. His creativity work with NASA was then applied to a longitudinal study on creativity that demonstrates creativity decreases from childhood to adulthood
Data from 3.5 Million Employees Shows How Innovation Really Works (HBR article by D. Minor, P. Brook, and J. Bernoff)
- This article looks at data and shares that innovative organizations generate more ideas and have systems in place to collect ideas, review them, and implement them. They also stress the importance of having diversity of people involved with innovation.
- This book is a quick but valuable read for any organization that wants to develop a more innovative culture. Success stories and tools are included.
- Basadur Applied Creativity provides training in creative problem solving, articles, books, and other resources.
Ready to learn more about how we can help your organization become more innovative?